The simply decorated façade of this church contrasts with the more elaborately detailed facades of other churches in Valletta. The symmetric façade is recessed from the street alignment whilst the main entrance is accessed through a wrought iron gate.
The Christ the Redeemer church was part of the conservatory for girls opened in 1692 by Fr Andrea, a Maltese Jesuit from Valletta, and belonged to the Adoration Sisters of Mary. When the sisters left Malta in 1923, Archbishop Don Mauro Caruana called the Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus to take over the house and the church. Without any financial assistance, the Franciscan nuns accepted the invitation and contributed by promoting the daily adoration to our Lord in Sacrament, hence it is commonly known as the Is-Sagaramentini.
The façade consists of a single bay with an arched entrance. Above the main entrance is a circular window and a heavy cornice runs along the recessed faced to define the lower part of the façade. The upper part of the façade is characterised by a central semi circular arched window. This window is capped with a segmental pediment above it. A cornice defines the upper portion of the façade. Internally, the church is a single cell space.
MEPA scheduled the Church of Christ the Redeemer as a Grade 1 national monument as per Government Notice number 276/08 in the Government Gazette dated 28 March 2008.