Contact UsMap ServermyPlanningLogin
Malta Environment & Planning Authority - www.mepa.org.mt
Print Page

HomeSeperatorProjects and InitiativesSeperatorInternational Funding and ProjectsSeperatorInternationally Funded Projects at MEPASeperatorInterreg IIICSeperatorNetwork of Parks

Network of Parks

The "Network of Parks" project was financed by Interreg IIIC South Zone, which is a Community Initiative supported by the European Regional Development Fund.  This programme aimed to promote interregional co-operation between regional and other public authorities across the entire EU territory and neighbouring countries.

The project aimed to establish an international network between terrestrial protected areas in the Mediterranean region.

The global aim of the project was to identify common strategies for environmental management in protected areas promoting new forms of co-operation between key players. This was achieved through the setting up, management and promotion of a system of networks between protected natural areas, with the aim of co-ordinating and defining the exchange of studies, experiences and information on territorial management solutions, policies and actions in the field.

The project was structured around four components: management and co-ordination; exchange of knowledge and experience; improvement and enhancement of the Network’s competences; and marketing management.

Network of Parks was implemented through a series of working roundtables, which focused on four different themes: management of species in protected areas; management of tourism in protected areas; forest management and desertification; and management of EU funds.

The project was led by Ente Parco Nazionale del Vesuvio. The total budget for the project was €1.3 million, of which MEPA’s share was €60,000. 75% of the budget allocation for MEPA was provided by the EU, while the other 25% was provided by MEPA. The project was concluded in 2007.

Within MEPA, the project was coordinated by the Ecosystems Management Unit with assistance from the EU and Multilateral Affairs Unit. More information about the project, its activities and deliverables can be found on the project’s website

 
 

Final Publication - Booklet on the Project, parts 1 and 2 respectively

 
 

Newsletter 1, parts 1 and 2 respectively 

 
 

Newsletter 2, parts 1 and 2 respectively

 
 

Newsletter 3, parts 1 and 2 respectively 
 
 
Newsletter 4, parts 1 and 2 respectively 
  MEPA benefits from EU funds to participate in a Mediterranean network- 05/06/2006 
  MEPA publishes educational material promoting the natural environment- 15/12/2006 

English 

 Maltese

Project Poster

IL-BALLUT TAL-WARDIJA

MAGHREBIAN MOUSE-EARED BAT 

BATS IN MALTA 

SANDARAC GUM TREE 

ORCHIDS IN MALTA 

MALTESE PYRAMIDAL ORCHID 

MALTESE FRESHWATER CRAB 

IR-RAMLA 

MALTESE TREES 

WIED IL-MIŻIEB 




 

 

INTERREG IIIC - Structural Funds Programme for Malta 2004-2006
Project co-financed by the European Union
European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
Co-financing rate: 75% EU Funds; 25% Government of Malta